Who doesn't like a good peppermint lip balm? Personally, mint lip balm is my favorite! I love the way that it feels on my lips, tastes, and smells. This peppermint lip balm is incredibly simple with just 3 ingredients; candelilla wax, sesame oil, and peppermint essential oil. Candelilla wax is the wax derived from the sustainable candelilla shrub, native to Mexico. It's a nice eco-friendly wax option that's also vegan! Sesame oil is super moisturizing, nutrient dense & healing, making it a lovely oil choice for your lip balm. If you don't have this oil on hand, try olive oil, sweet almond or any of your favorite carrier oils. Note, I recommend not making a lip balm with 100% coconut oil. Ever have a lip balm that your lips feel addicted to? Coconut oil is a common culprit! Not a fan of peppermint? Sub it out for your favorite essential oil! When you're using essential oils, be sure to properly dilute them and avoid using essential oils that may cause photosensitivity before going out into the sun. For more information on essential oils, check out this blog post!
Ingredients (makes about four 1/4oz lip balm tins):
- 30ml Sesame Oil
- 1tsp Candelilla Wax
- 5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
1. On low heat, melt your wax.
2. Once melted, turn off the heat and add your sesame oil.
3. Stir your mixture before adding in your essential oil.
4. Pour into your packaging of choice, let cool. Your balm will solidify surprisingly quickly, we're talking like 5 minutes here (pretty cool to watch :) )!