The following recipe is my go to massage bar when I have sore muscles. When you first use one of these bad boys, you'll notice a tingly and cooling sensation from the ginger, peppermint, magnolia and eucalyptus, an excellent therapeutic blend for aches and pains. After a long day at work or a hard session at the gym, convince someone to rub one of these on for some icy hot relief! No one around? Check out my latest self massage article for ideas to do it on your own! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Cocoa &/or Shea Butter
- 3/4 cup Beeswax or Candelilla Wax
- 10 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 10 drops Marjoram Essential Oil
- 10 drops Ginger Essential Oil
1. In a double boiler, melt your wax and cocoa &/or shea butter.
2. When your mixture is completely liquid, remove from heat and allow to sit for about 5 minutes to cool slightly.
3. Add your essential oils, stir, and pour your mixture into your mold of choice.
4. Stick your mold in the fridge until your mixture hardens completely.
5. Remove your solid bars from your mold and enjoy!