This soothing recipe is super simple, quick to make and effective! It features (non-nano) Zinc Oxide, a common active ingredient in diaper rash creams because of its soothing and antimicrobial nature. While these bad boys are meant for diaper rash, they're amazing go tos for a wide array of skin irritations including sun burns, bug bites, poison ivy, etc. If your local health food store doesn't carry zinc oxide, you can get it here!
2 tbsp Shea Butter
2 tbsp Apricot Kernal Oil
2 tbsp Candelilla Wax or Bees Wax
1 tbsp Zinc Oxide powder
1. In a double boiler, melt your Shea Butter and wax down.
2. Once melted, add your apricot kernal oil.
3. Let cool slightly for about 1-2 minutes, but don't let your mixture solidify.
4. Add your Zinc Oxide powder and thoroughly stir it into your formula.
5. Pour your mixture into silicon mold of choice and stick in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the fridge, unmold and enjoy!